1. According to a study conducted by UC Berkley, if you have a daughter rather than a son, your marriage is 5 percent more likely to end in divorce.
2. Before 2003, divorces in China required approval from both employers and neighbors.
3. Monetary issues are the primary reason for divorce; infidelity is second.
4. Although reports vary, Russia, the United States and the Maldives are the countries with the highest divorce rates worldwide.
5. In New Mexico and Mississippi, due to something called “alienation of affection,” if a third party causes failure of the marriage, the spouse can sue them for damages.
6. Kim Kardashian sold the photography rights to her wedding for $17.9 million. Broken down, that’s $10,358.80 dollars per hour of her 72-day marriage.
7. Knowing the date of separation is vital to your divorce. It will determine how your assets are divided up between you and your spouse.
8. There is a six month minimum on divorce proceedings in California. The six months begin when the respondent receives the divorce paperwork filed by their spouse. You will not be able to remarry or claim “single’ until these six months have elapsed.
10. Unlike a divorce, a marriage that is nullified is considered void from its beginning as if it never happened. This may also require court proceedings.
Don’t leave yourself and your property unprotected. If you or someone you know is considering a divorce, contact a Divorce Lawyer today. Family Law Attorneys have built a strong reputation on its experience and skill handling California Divorce, Separation and Annulment cases, involving Child Custody and Visitation; Child and Spousal Support; division of Community Property (including businesses); protection of Separate Property; and interstate matters pursuant to the UCCJEA and UIFSA.