Do you think about Europe’s delectable dishes and fine wines might make your mouth water, but did you know that some people travel to Europe to lose weight? Staying at a weight loss spa is pricey, but we guarantee you’ll return home relaxed, rejuvenated, and a few pounds lighter.
Along with traditional spa services, weight loss spas also offer detox programs, exercise classes, nutritional advice, and medical procedures. Personal trainers and nutritionists are on hand for advice, personal meetings, and lectures. Some of these institutions focus on relaxation and detox, while others put guests through rigorous exercise.
The Best Weight Loss Spa
Don’t look for the best weight loss spa. It doesn’t exist. If you do your homework, you can find the “best” weight loss spa for you. Find a weight loss spa that offers the most effective program for your needs and desires, one that works with your lifestyle.
Are you considering a visit to a weight loss spa or retreat?
Many smart dieters start their weight loss journey at a weight loss spa. A weight-loss spa offers you a clean break from bad habits and lifestyle choices that led to weight gain in the first place. A European weight loss spa is a smart approach if you have the budget for the luxury. But a weight loss spa vacation isn’t cheap, so it makes sense to do your homework before you decide where to go.
Questions to Ask About a Weight Loss Spa
If you want to save both time and money and avoid the potential disappointment it is best to do your homework before you choose a weight loss spa. You are making an investment in a weight loss spa and it’s in your best interest to find out as much as you can before you commit. Weight loss spas offer a wide range of services and the one you look at first may not offer what you want.
There are many different kinds of weightloss spas, retreats and resorts. Weight loss spas operate in many different locations, offering their own unique services. Not all of them are right for you, depending on your diet and exercise preferences.
To make sure that you find the best weight loss spa for you, ask the following questions:
- What is included in the cost? There are all-inclusive weight loss spas, but certain locations may offer a la carte services. You might be able to build your own custom program with special testing, personalize classes or coaching after the program is finished.
- What services are offered? Some programs may provide services such as a specific meal plan to take home or a fitness program to follow on your own. Find out if your desired weight loss spa offers the services that are important to you. Ask in advance and get it in writing to avoid surprises and disappointment.
- What is the makeup of the professionals at the weight loss spa? Make sure you visit a weight loss spa with excellent professional staff. You should only consider weight loss spas with the proper professional staff. The spa should have trainers, nutritionists, and medical professionals on staff. Some spas might have physicians on staff or doctor-designed programs.
- What kind of exercise is provided? Before you commit to a weight-loss spa, make sure it offers the type of exercise you can do. The last thing you want is to suffer an injury. If you have injuries that restrict movement, make sure the spa has staff with the proper training to work with you.
- What will happen when I go home? Ask about the weight loss spa’s post-retreat services and costs. Some spas might offer coaching after you go home.
- How many participants will be at the weight loss spa with me? If you prefer small groups or a private ask what is available. Find out how many people will be part of the program.
- Will the spa support my dietary needs? Don’t assume that the weight loss spa can accommodate a personalized diet. When you make a reservation bring up your dietary requirements. If you follow a specific eating plan, double-check with the weight loss spa that they can accommodate your needs.
All of Europe’s luxury health care facilities focus on:
- Long-term lifestyle changes
- Feeling young
What better place for a spa than Europe’s majestic landscape? Both you and your waistline will enjoy vacations to these outstanding weight loss spas:
Clinique La Prairie (CLP) in Montreux, Switzerland
Located right on Lake Geneva, CLP has gained worldwide fame due to its anti-aging technology. Using “CLP Extract” (sheep cells), the institute offers rejuvenation treatments found nowhere else on the planet. These treatments are recommended for guests over 40. The results last for about two years. Just 17-minutes of “Corpotrim” produces results similar to one hour of aerobic exercise. “Corpotrim” was developed to help keep astronauts in shape without the help of gravity.
CLP isn’t a fat camp. The machine-based BeautyMed program lasts 12 days and is ideal for individuals aiming to lose just a few pounds. Each guest undergoes a daily electro session in which the muscles and skin are stimulated, and lymphatic drainage increases. Guests have access to a wide variety of electro and laser therapies. A slew of professionals are available for advice and to help you form a personal exercise routine.
CuisinArt Golf Resort & Spa in Anguilla, British West Indies
This intimate beachfront resort is located in the curve of Rendezvous Bay. The 10-day program is available to only 20 guests at a time. In the morning, participants enjoy a relaxing walk on the beach, followed by aerobics and yoga classes. There are also many traditional and unique spa treatments available (like Aquatherapy) in the famous Venus Spa. Meals consist of nutritious foods made with ingredients from the resort’s hydroponic farm. In addition to fitness classes, guests will also undergo a health assessment and attend lectures about fitness and nutrition.
Visitors uninterested in spa treatments or weight loss can take advantage of the resort’s championship golf course, fine dining, and of course, the beach.
Stobo Castle in Peebleshire, Scotland
Prepare to be pampered. Just 20 miles north of Edinburgh sits a gorgeous castle featuring a Japanese water garden, tennis courts, a unique Crystal Steam Room, and a hydrospa. The indoor, glass-roofed spa offers over 80 different treatments. At Stobo Castle, guests can float in mineral-rich water in the Dead Sea Flotarium. You’re sure to lose a little weight from the haggis-only diet. In case you don’t know, haggis is a pudding-type dish that contains sheep’s heart, liver, and lungs. These ingredients are minced with spices, suet, oatmeal, stock, and onion. Despite the description, haggis makes for a savory meal with a great nutty texture.